Monday, January 27, 2014

COOL HAIR DUDE

The "cool" Thing to do in 7th grade for me and my friends was to grow out our hair. However, when I grew out my hair I quickly realized that I couldn't get the "swoop" justin bieber hair that all of my friends had. No, instead my hair grew up instead of down and created an Afro. I quickly learned that Afros were not "the thing to have" as a 7th grader. My father has baby pictures of him just rocking it with confidence. I could not...I tried to were hats to kind of flatten my hair (because in my mind, straightening my hair was not an option. That was for girls). That awesome idea gave my hair a mushroom look that I thought I could master...and for awhile I thought everyone else thought so too! I would here " Cool hair dude" or "AFRO THUNDER" when I played basketball but, as I grew older I realized my hair wasn't getting compliments. Instead. it was just adding to my comic value. I thought I was a rather funny kid but the more I look back on it the more I realize anything a funny looking white guy with an Afro says is going to be funny. I mean just think about about it, I apparently didn't at the time. And it didn't stop there, I also thought I was a ladies man. So when girls would ask to braid my hair I let them! At one point in time I let a girl named Ty Wray give me cornrows before one of my basketball games. I wasn't that dumb though, I knew it look horrid. But I am a hopeless romantic so despite the teasing I received from my closest friends, I kept them all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment